Lesson 2 - What Is Cyberbullying?
(Download the following worksheet.)
PART 1: The Negative Aspects of New Technologies.
Nowadays mobile phones and the Internet are omnipresent in our lives. We can do so many things with them. But there are also negative aspects. Discuss these negative aspects with your classmates. Then write down the most important ones on your worksheet.
PART 2: Learn about Megan Meier, Ryan Halligan and Cyberbullying.
1. Go to this page and collect information about Megan Meier. (See your worksheet.)
2. Go to this page and collect information about Ryan Halligan. (See your worksheet.)
3. What is cyberbullying? Do the following activity.
4. Childnet International - 'Let's Fight It Together'
While watching the video, write down all the nasty messages the teenager gets.
PART 3: Reporting nasty messages.
1. Read the following testimony. Find the passages written in indirect/reported speech, then find out what was originally said. Complete your worksheet.
Ex: Indirect speech:
They kept telling him he wasn’t going to live to see his children grow.
They kept telling him: "You aren't going to live to see your children grow."
2. Grammar Point: Write down what changes in indirect/reported speech on your worksheet.
3. Time to practise! Do the following activity.