LESSON 5: Job Interviews
Download the worksheet for this lesson!
PART 1: Job Interview Tips for Teens.
Watch the following video and write down at least 5 tips for a successful job interview on your worksheet.
Complete your list with 5 other tips your classmates have found.
PART 2: Examples of Job Interviews.
1) Job Interview 1:
- career = "an occupation or profession"
- overtime = 'time that you spend working at your job after you have worked the normal hours'
- reliable > 'He is reliable' = 'You can count on him'
- responsibility = 'something for which a person is responsible; an obligation'
- strength = 'a quality or an ability that a person or thing has that gives them an advantage'
- weakness = 'a weak (not strong) point in a system, somebody's character, etc'
Complete the dialogue between the hiring manager and the applicant. Then report the answers on your worksheet.
2) Job Interview 2:
General Comprehension: Listen to the recording and report the answers on your worksheet.
Detailed Comprehension: Did you pay attention to the manager's questions and statements as well as the applicant's answers? Check out with this activity! Then report the sentences on your worksheet.
PART 3: Grammar Point - Asking for information.
See your worksheet.