British Sports (Part 1)
Download the minibook! (Click here to know how to fold the minibook!)
- Video 2: Watch the following video and answer these two questions:
1) What was responsible for the development of football all around the world?
2) Why is football so popular all over the world?
- Go to the following link and answer the questions in your minibook.
- Listen to Kevin talking about rugby: activity.
- The origin of cricket (When? Where?): link 1 - link 2 - link 3.
- Watch the first minute of the following video (you can watch the rest for pleasure!) and answer these two questions:
1) How many countries around the world play cricket?
2) How many players are there in a cricket team?
- Watch the following video and give the four reasons why cricket is a great sport:
(Focus on the following passages: 29|175, 53|175, 143|175, and 147|175.)
- The origin of tennis (When? Where?): link.
- Name of the famous tennis tournament in the UK: link.
- How old is this tournament? link 1 - link 2.
- Type of surface: link.
- The official who controls the game and makes sure the rules are respectes is also called the '...': link.
The Boat Race:
- Go to link 1 or link 2 and answer the questions in your minibook about the competitors, the origin of the race, the date of the first race, etc.
- Name of the river: link 1 - link 2.
- Distance : link.
- The current Course Record: link.
- The colour of each team: link.
- The current winner: link.
(If one of the links is broken, use the following document.)